Thursday, January 22, 2009

Packing a lifetime...

So life has been stressful lately... I'm STILL packing and slowly sending/mailing all of our stuff. $225 and 9 boxes later, i'm only about half way done. It's incredible just how much one room can hold!! Poor missy has been getting a little bit of a cold and missing her daddy, so she's been a little difficult for me to deal with at times. I don't always know what to do for her and get aggravated that i'm her mommy and don't know what to do to help her feel at ease. I know a lot of it is because i'm not at ease. I just want to get all of this CRAP sent off already so i can just spend this last week enjoying it with family and friends before making the life altering move. I'm so anxious and i know that after being there for a few weeks it'll really hit me that that is my new home. I feel really bad, i'm leaving on my mom's birthday. I guess i'm just really selfish and didn't want to wait to leave for another day. She understands, this is just something that i've been waiting to do now for almost a year and a half! I just want to see my hunny again! It will be very interesting traveling by plane for like 8 hours with stops in between with a two and a half month old... quite frankly i dont look forward to that part AT ALL!! I'm going to have to go buy a baby carrier backpack thingy, lol, so that i can quickly get from plane to plane and still be able to carry my carry-ons! Ahhhhh, can you say STRESS! I just keep telling myself that it's just one day and i can manage. I just hope she doesn't scream relentlessly on the plane... i don't want all the glares and stares! I was wondering though, if the planes have little changing tables... hmmm, this could be very interesting if they don't. When and where would i change her if they don't have one? maybe she can make it until we have to change flights. Who knows!!
Anywho, I should get back to trying to get all of my files off of my moms computer and onto my external hard drive so i have them for our computer in KY.
Ciao!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

okay rox. here we go. i'm sorry that you are feeling stressed.

first. don't worry about not satisfying all her needs. sometimes babies are just fussy and that is that. do what you can and if you have to walk away, then walk away for a minute breather.

are you flying southwest? when you get on the plane try to take up 2 seats if the flight isn't full. that way you have a place to change the baby (by the window). they do not have changing tables. make it seem inconvenient to sit by you.

also, you can check a stroller at the gate just before you board the plane and when you are changing planes the stroller will change with you, so you can take it through the airport.

hope this helps. good luck. happy birthday to your mom!